The scorpion wakes up. It sees you entering the code. You tug on the lock but it resolutely remains shut. It’s too late. The scorpion jumps violently in the air and stings you in the face. You die a horrible stingy death.
But wait. You are cloned by the Mysterons. No-one will ever know the difference between the old, dead you, and the new, Mysteron you.
The scorpion, bored with the Mysteron hijinks, returns to its place on the lock for a nap.
Reinvigorated, you lean over your stung corpse and once again try to enter the password…
More from Chalkdust
- Humbug sets the fourth puzzle. Can you solve it?
- Space-filling curves, cheating at cards and automated joke generation feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Celebrate the launch of issue 11 by taking part in our puzzle hunt
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- Are you a torus? A cone? Ed Spheran? Find out by answering a maximum of five easy questions
- Grant applications, musical media and last-minute Olympics training are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue