You will need
- A3 paper
1. Cut your A3 paper into 4 strips.
2. Take two strips and glue them perpendicularly to make a cross.
3. Make a Möbius strip with each of the perpendicular strips.
4. Cut along the centre line of one Möbius strip until you get to where you started. Then cut along the other.
5. Be surprised.
You might also like…
- Swing on a magnetic pendulum into our latest issue. Topological tic-tac-toe, maths, cake, categories, plus all your favourite regulars.
- Print it out and play against your friends!
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- See what we're doing this October to promote and celebrate diversity in mathematics
- Are you perfect or imaginary? Are you a square?
- Village fetes, Brexit and flowers are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column