You will need
- A3 paper
1. Cut your A3 paper into 4 strips.
2. Take two strips and glue them perpendicularly to make a cross.
3. Make a Möbius strip with each of the perpendicular strips.
4. Cut along the centre line of one Möbius strip until you get to where you started. Then cut along the other.
5. Be surprised.
More from Chalkdust
- Computational proofs, AI music and embarrassing surveys feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Can you solve it?
- Letter writing, hospital visits, and getting the family active are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- How do you like your numbers? Prime? Positive but infinitely small? Find out which famous mathematician you are
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- The definitive chart of the best issues of Chalkdust