You will need
- A3 paper
1. Cut your A3 paper into 4 strips.
2. Take two strips and glue them perpendicularly to make a cross.
3. Make a Möbius strip with each of the perpendicular strips.
4. Cut along the centre line of one Möbius strip until you get to where you started. Then cut along the other.
5. Be surprised.
More from Chalkdust
- Did you solve it?
- Sus Mafia strategies, LMS president Ulrike Tillmann, and Bae's theorem 😍 all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Issue 13 is here! Find out how to get involved with our mathematical art launch project
- Have your say
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- Are you binary? Roman numerals? The decimals? Find out by answering a maximum of ∞ easy questions