These puzzles appeared in Issue 01 of the magazine.
#2 – Circles
Pictured are: a quarter circle with radius 2r, and two semi circles with radius r.
Prove that the pink area is equal to the green area.
#104 – Two Triangles
In the diagram, the three sides of a triangle have been split into thirds, then the lines have been added.
What is the area of the smaller shaded triangle as a fraction of the area of the large triangle?
You might also like…
- A collection of our favourite and least favourite things named after Euler, from issue 07
- Think outside outside the box in our latest issue. No more tennis puns, primes mod 4, plus all your favourite regulars.
- Pigs, popes and produce are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- The definitive chart of the best dates
- Race to be the first to get five-in-a-row