These puzzles appeared in Issue 01 of the magazine.
#2 – Circles
Pictured are: a quarter circle with radius 2r, and two semi circles with radius r.
Prove that the pink area is equal to the green area.
#104 – Two Triangles
In the diagram, the three sides of a triangle have been split into thirds, then the lines have been added.
What is the area of the smaller shaded triangle as a fraction of the area of the large triangle?
More from Chalkdust
- Now available to catch up on YouTube
- Independent Sage's Christina Pagel, hyperbolic mindfulness and make-your-own Markov tweet feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Books, business and barns are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- A handy tool that can make writing great tweets much easier
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.