These puzzles appeared in Issue 01 of the magazine.
#2 – Circles
Pictured are: a quarter circle with radius 2r, and two semi circles with radius r.
Prove that the pink area is equal to the green area.
#104 – Two Triangles
In the diagram, the three sides of a triangle have been split into thirds, then the lines have been added.
What is the area of the smaller shaded triangle as a fraction of the area of the large triangle?
More from Chalkdust
- Venn diagrams, retrograde chess, and behind-the-scenes Christmas lectures all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Win a £100 Maths Gear goody bag by solving our infamous puzzle
- Football, telly and shape-shifting houses find their way into the prof's postbox this issue.
- Can you solve it?
- The definitive chart of the best waves
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.