These puzzles appeared in Issue 01 of the magazine.
#2 – Circles
Pictured are: a quarter circle with radius 2r, and two semi circles with radius r.
Prove that the pink area is equal to the green area.
#104 – Two Triangles
In the diagram, the three sides of a triangle have been split into thirds, then the lines have been added.
What is the area of the smaller shaded triangle as a fraction of the area of the large triangle?
You might also like…
- Vote for your favourite part of a circle
- Our sparkly new edition, out now! Problem solving 101, proof by storytelling, plus the return of all your favourite fun pages.
- Follow our flowchart to find out where your true calling is
- Don't be left behind... more mathematical fashion advice
- Win £100 of maths goodies in our fiendish crossnumber
- Solve the puzzles that appeared in Issue 04.