Maths is a fickle world. Stay à la mode with our guide to the latest trends.
HOT 5-minute talks
Show us your coolest stuff and let us chat to you later.
NOT 40-minute conference snores
You lost everyone after that entire page of algebra, mate.
HOT Maths T-shirts
Show your friends you’re better than them by wearing some maths they don’t understand.
(buy yours here)
NOT Maths tattoos
eiπ + 1 = SHUT UP
HOT 274,207,281 − 1
The new largest known prime number, found in January 2016!
NOT 257,885,161 − 1
17½ million digits of insignificance, you useless old largest prime.
HOT Fake proofs of the Riemann Hypothesis
Three cheers for Dr Enoch! We will never get tired of the panicked excitement following one of these.
Please don’t find one of these. It would ruin a lot of PhDs.
HOT Pizza cutting
Want equally-sized pieces but not all with crust? No longer only possible with just 6 or 12 friends!
NOT Volume = pi*z*z*a
Everyone knows you use the letters a for radii and z for heights.
- Agree? Disagree? Let us know on Twitter @chalkdustmag, at facebook.com/chalkdustmag or at email@example.com
More from Chalkdust
- 21 simple steps to draw your own Islamic pattern!
- Computational proofs, AI music and embarrassing surveys feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Can you solve it?
- Letter writing, hospital visits, and getting the family active are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- How do you like your numbers? Prime? Positive but infinitely small? Find out which famous mathematician you are
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.