Rules of the crossnumber
- Although many of the clues have multiple answers, there is only one solution to the completed crossnumber. As usual, no numbers begin with 0. Use of Python, OEIS, Wikipedia, etc. is advised for some of the clues.
- One randomly selected correct answer will win a £100 Maths Gear goody bag, including non-transitive dice, a Festival of the Spoken Nerd DVD, and much, much more. Three randomly selected runners up will win a Chalkdust T-shirt. Maths Gear is a website that sells nerdy things worldwide, with free UK shipping.
- To enter, enter the sum of the across clues below by 1 August 2018. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Winners will be notified by email and announced on our blog by 19 August 2018.
Submit your answer
You might also like…
- Fractional calculus, counting divisors, whether voting can ever be fair and much more
- Platonic shapes from tube maps, flexagons, and more mathematical craft
- The joy of Jacobians | Fields Medallist Artur Avila | Fractograms | Nash's legacy | The perils of p-values
- Ghostbusting with graph theory
- What a difference a matrix makes