This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
‘Twas the function’s Christmas party at the Leibnitz bar. The various functions were happily drinking and discussing. At some point, Sine and Cosine noticed Exponential sitting alone in the corner. They approached him and asked him to join them, upon which he replied: “I tried integrating, but just ended up with myself”.
You might also like…
- After 100 years, a key postulate of the third law of thermodynamics has been proven. We meet Lluis Masanes, one of the researchers responsible.
- Some surprising mathematical facts
- This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar. Newton: "Are you going to the Fibonacci themed Christmas party?" Euler: "Yes! I heard it's going to be as big as the two previous years put together."
- Santa's sack of scientific surprises
- Moonlighting agony uncle Prof. Dirichlet answers more of your personal problems
- Additional roads do not imply faster travel times!