This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
‘Twas the function’s Christmas party at the Leibnitz bar. The various functions were happily drinking and discussing. At some point, Sine and Cosine noticed Exponential sitting alone in the corner. They approached him and asked him to join them, upon which he replied: “I tried integrating, but just ended up with myself”.
More from Chalkdust
- Mike Fletcher explores the optimal strategy for winning the popular television game show
- We feel underdressed for Breakfast at Villani's
- We created hot ice from scratch, a solution that remains liquid even below its freezing point!
- After 100 years, a key postulate of the third law of thermodynamics has been proven. We meet Lluis Masanes, one of the researchers responsible.
- Some surprising mathematical facts
- This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar. Newton: "Are you going to the Fibonacci themed Christmas party?" Euler: "Yes! I heard it's going to be as big as the two previous years put together."