This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
Newton: “Are you going to the Fibonacci themed Christmas party?”
Euler: “Yes! I heard it’s going to be as big as the two previous years put together.”
More from Chalkdust
- ``Read Euler, read Euler, he is the master of us all." -- Laplace. An invitation to join us in celebrating Euler's 311th birthday by appreciating a few of his great contributions to mathematics.
- Some summations seem strangely slippery...
- We feel underdressed for Breakfast at Villani's
- We created hot ice from scratch, a solution that remains liquid even below its freezing point!
- Some surprising mathematical facts
- Behind today's door... a good joke!