It’s finally time for the first Chalkdust Christmas conundrum. Four lucky people who submit the correct answer to the puzzle will win Chalkdust T-shirts. The deadline for entries is Friday 8th December at 6pm.
But in your excitement, you have just forgotten which present is for which friend. You can only remember the following facts:
- Atheeta’s present has more faces than Emma’s present.
- Atheeta’s present has fewer vertices than Emma’s present.
- The faces of Colin’s present are triangles.
- Three faces meet at every vertex of Bernd’s present.
- The edges of Dominika’s present have an integer length, and her present has an integer volume.
Who is the icosahedral present for?
Once you have solved the puzzle, enter your answer below for a chance to win. The deadline for entries is Friday 8th December at 6pm. The winners will be announced in next week’s conundrum post, when you will also have a chance to win a copy of The Indisputable Existence of Santa Claus by Hannah Fry and Thomas Oléron Evans.
This competition is now closed.
You might also like…
- Solve this and you could be the lucky winner of a signed copy of The Indisputable Existence of Santa Claus
- We round up some of the last month's top mathematical posts from around the internet
- Chalkdust descends upon the UK's largest pop maths gathering and tells you what you missed
- We feel underdressed for Breakfast at Villani's
- Did you win?
- Write down a quadratic. What is the probability that it factorises? Paging Prof. Dirichet...