It’s finally time for the first Chalkdust Christmas conundrum. Four lucky people who submit the correct answer to the puzzle will win Chalkdust T-shirts. The deadline for entries is Friday 8th December at 6pm.
But in your excitement, you have just forgotten which present is for which friend. You can only remember the following facts:
- Atheeta’s present has more faces than Emma’s present.
- Atheeta’s present has fewer vertices than Emma’s present.
- The faces of Colin’s present are triangles.
- Three faces meet at every vertex of Bernd’s present.
- The edges of Dominika’s present have an integer length, and her present has an integer volume.
Who is the icosahedral present for?
Once you have solved the puzzle, enter your answer below for a chance to win. The deadline for entries is Friday 8th December at 6pm. The winners will be announced in next week’s conundrum post, when you will also have a chance to win a copy of The Indisputable Existence of Santa Claus by Hannah Fry and Thomas Oléron Evans.
This competition is now closed.
You might also like…
- A thrilling review of this truly enlightening book
- Have you been wondering what the pattern on it means?
- "Unlocking the hidden mathematics in video games"
- Did you solve it?
- ... and the winners
- Can you solve four puzzles to reveal the hidden message?