It’s that time of the year again: time to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #7! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was 15,240,052,826,303,185.
Picking the winners
We received 56 entries, 43 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Issue 07 crossnumber competition is Ken Fan, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Mike Staniforth, Patrick Newberry and Alexander Burlton.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in Issue 08 of Chalkdust, released in October…
You might also like…
- We have a go at the puzzles in Daniel Griller’s new book
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Find out more about the spiral trees on the cover of Issue 09
- Did you solve it?
- This month’s round up of mathematical blog posts from all over the internet
- A thrilling review of this truly enlightening book