You will need
- rubber bands
1. Cut out a card circle whose diameter is the length of an unstretched rubber
band. Use pins to attach everything together, as shown above.
2. Drag the lower rubber band around to investigate catastrophe theory.
You might also like…
- A collection of our favourite and least favourite things named after Euler, from issue 07
- Think outside outside the box in our latest issue. No more tennis puns, primes mod 4, plus all your favourite regulars.
- Pigs, popes and produce are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Part 6 of our mathematical comic's adventure
- The definitive chart of the best dates