More from Chalkdust
- Many mysteries about hair are now revealed with the ponytail shape equation
- An unexpected way to beat the odds in this classic game
- Why do surnames die out? We take a look at the Galton-Watson process for modelling the extinction of surnames to answer the question: 'When will we all be Smiths?'
- While drinking beer in your favourite pub, have you ever wondered how it is produced? Find here some of the science and mathematics behind brewing.
- We have a go at the puzzles in Daniel Griller's new book
- Donald Duck learns that there is “a lot more to mathematics than two-times-two”.