The scorpion wakes up. It sees you entering the code. You tug on the lock but it resolutely remains shut. It’s too late. The scorpion jumps violently in the air and stings you in the face. You die a horrible stingy death.
But wait. You are cloned by the Mysterons. No-one will ever know the difference between the old, dead you, and the new, Mysteron you.
The scorpion, bored with the Mysteron hijinks, returns to its place on the lock for a nap.
Reinvigorated, you lean over your stung corpse and once again try to enter the password…
More from Chalkdust
- Celebrate the latest issue with us in London on 28 November
- Fields medals, iconic intersections, and things with silly names coming your way in our brand new issue! Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Find out by answering six simple questions
- Follow these simple steps to frustrate anyone who ever dreamed of using their light saber on the USS Enterprise
- Have your say
- The definitive chart of the best matrices