More from Chalkdust
- We review the fourth of this year’s nominees for the Book of the Year
- Why do surnames die out? We take a look at the Galton-Watson process for modelling the extinction of surnames to answer the question: 'When will we all be Smiths?'
- Uniting the teaching of mathematics and music can benefit pupils greatly in both areas.
- Stories and lessons on diversity in mathematics from a globe-trotting number theorist.
- Lindsay Lohan is really good at L'Hôpital's rule.
- Do we have a natural limitation on the number of friends that we have?