This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
Find your perfect partner with this wonderful tree diagram!
[Cauchy – By Public domain – Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division. From an illustration in: Das neunzehnte Jahrhundert in Bildnissen / Karl Werckmeister, ed. Berlin : Kunstverlag der photographische gesellschaft, 1901, vol. V, no. 581., Public Domain ; Knot – adapted from Flickr.com – knotted by Shelby Steward, CC-BY 2.0; Emmy Noether – By Unknown – Emmy Noether (1882-1935), Public Domain ; Python – adapted from Flickr.com – Python by Jonathan Kriz, CC-BY 2.0; Daniel Bernoulli – By Johann Jakob Haid – Here, Public Domain ; Scrooge – adapted from Flickr.com – Money by Tax Credits, CC-BY 2.0]
You might also like…
- Nira Chamberlain, one of the UK's top 100 scientists, shares his experiences as a black mathematician.
- We created hot ice from scratch, a solution that remains liquid even below its freezing point!
- Some surprising mathematical facts
- How to make mathematical crochet
- Can you solve these puzzles about differentiation and integration?
- Moonlighting agony uncle Professor Dirichlet answers our readers' personal problems.