This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
Find your perfect partner with this wonderful tree diagram!
[Cauchy – By Public domain – Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division. From an illustration in: Das neunzehnte Jahrhundert in Bildnissen / Karl Werckmeister, ed. Berlin : Kunstverlag der photographische gesellschaft, 1901, vol. V, no. 581., Public Domain ; Knot – adapted from Flickr.com – knotted by Shelby Steward, CC-BY 2.0; Emmy Noether – By Unknown – Emmy Noether (1882-1935), Public Domain ; Python – adapted from Flickr.com – Python by Jonathan Kriz, CC-BY 2.0; Daniel Bernoulli – By Johann Jakob Haid – Here, Public Domain ; Scrooge – adapted from Flickr.com – Money by Tax Credits, CC-BY 2.0]
More from Chalkdust
- How big are these random shapes? Submit an answer for a chance to win a prize!
- How can we teach people about the sieve in a way that helps them best understand prime numbers?
- A hideous equation that hides beautiful images, and much (much) more besides...
- We created hot ice from scratch, a solution that remains liquid even below its freezing point!
- Each time you eat a croissant you might be biting more than 500 layers of dough!
- Some surprising mathematical facts