This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
Find your perfect partner with this wonderful tree diagram!
[Cauchy – By Public domain – Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division. From an illustration in: Das neunzehnte Jahrhundert in Bildnissen / Karl Werckmeister, ed. Berlin : Kunstverlag der photographische gesellschaft, 1901, vol. V, no. 581., Public Domain ; Knot – adapted from Flickr.com – knotted by Shelby Steward, CC-BY 2.0; Emmy Noether – By Unknown – Emmy Noether (1882-1935), Public Domain ; Python – adapted from Flickr.com – Python by Jonathan Kriz, CC-BY 2.0; Daniel Bernoulli – By Johann Jakob Haid – Here, Public Domain ; Scrooge – adapted from Flickr.com – Money by Tax Credits, CC-BY 2.0]
More from Chalkdust
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- I like my towns like I like my Alex: Bolton
- Meet Olubunmi Abidemi Fadipe-Joseph, an active promoter for women in mathematics from Nigeria
- We created hot ice from scratch, a solution that remains liquid even below its freezing point!
- Some surprising mathematical facts
- Take two phone books and interleave all their pages one by one. Now try and pull them apart by their spines. Impossible, right?