This post was part of the Chalkdust 2016 Advent Calendar.
Find your perfect partner with this wonderful tree diagram!
[Cauchy – By Public domain – Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division. From an illustration in: Das neunzehnte Jahrhundert in Bildnissen / Karl Werckmeister, ed. Berlin : Kunstverlag der photographische gesellschaft, 1901, vol. V, no. 581., Public Domain ; Knot – adapted from Flickr.com – knotted by Shelby Steward, CC-BY 2.0; Emmy Noether – By Unknown – Emmy Noether (1882-1935), Public Domain ; Python – adapted from Flickr.com – Python by Jonathan Kriz, CC-BY 2.0; Daniel Bernoulli – By Johann Jakob Haid – Here, Public Domain ; Scrooge – adapted from Flickr.com – Money by Tax Credits, CC-BY 2.0]
More from Chalkdust
- Donovan Young interferes in wave patterns
- We round up some of the last month's top mathematical posts from around the internet
- We created hot ice from scratch, a solution that remains liquid even below its freezing point!
- After 100 years, a key postulate of the third law of thermodynamics has been proven. We meet Lluis Masanes, one of the researchers responsible.
- Some surprising mathematical facts
- Agony uncle Professor Dirichlet answers your personal problems this Valentine's Day.