Once again, we are delighted to be able to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #3! But before we do so, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was $60 196 499$.
Picking the Winners
We received 46 entries, 30 of which were correct.
We decided to use two skew dice—one of the many prizes on offer—to decide the winner. We assigned each correct answer two numbers between one and six and then rolled each die in turn. The entrant whose numbers came up was declared the winner. (If the numbers rolled belong to no one, we rolled again.) This was then repeated to determine the runners-up.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Magazine issue 03 crossnumber competition is Zoe Clegg, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Henokh Lugo, Tom Harris and Adam P.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in issue 04 of Chalkdust, released in October.
You might also like…
- "Unlocking the hidden mathematics in video games"
- Learn how to model your heart one beat at a time ❤️
- Belgin plays a classic mathsy game from her childhood...in 16-bit graphics! Here's her review...
- You can un-knot a knot, by cutting it not?
- Why do surnames die out? We take a look at the Galton-Watson process for modelling the extinction of surnames to answer the question: 'When will we all be Smiths?'
- Did you solve it?