Once again, we are delighted to be able to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #3! But before we do so, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was $60 196 499$.
Picking the Winners
We received 46 entries, 30 of which were correct.
We decided to use two skew dice—one of the many prizes on offer—to decide the winner. We assigned each correct answer two numbers between one and six and then rolled each die in turn. The entrant whose numbers came up was declared the winner. (If the numbers rolled belong to no one, we rolled again.) This was then repeated to determine the runners-up.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Magazine issue 03 crossnumber competition is Zoe Clegg, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Henokh Lugo, Tom Harris and Adam P.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in issue 04 of Chalkdust, released in October.
You might also like…
- Solve this and you could be the lucky winner of a signed copy of The Indisputable Existence of Santa Claus
- We round up some of the last month's top mathematical posts from around the internet
- Solve this and you could be the lucky winner of a Chalkdust T-shirt
- Chalkdust descends upon the UK's largest pop maths gathering and tells you what you missed
- We feel underdressed for Breakfast at Villani's
- Did you win?