Once again, we are delighted to be able to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #3! But before we do so, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was $60 196 499$.
Picking the Winners
We received 46 entries, 30 of which were correct.
We decided to use two skew dice—one of the many prizes on offer—to decide the winner. We assigned each correct answer two numbers between one and six and then rolled each die in turn. The entrant whose numbers came up was declared the winner. (If the numbers rolled belong to no one, we rolled again.) This was then repeated to determine the runners-up.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Magazine issue 03 crossnumber competition is Zoe Clegg, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Henokh Lugo, Tom Harris and Adam P.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in issue 04 of Chalkdust, released in October.
More from Chalkdust
- We announce the winner of this coveted prize
- Have your say, and help to choose the 2020 Readers' Choice
- We review the seventh of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year, and open the vote for the readers' favourite
- We review the sixth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- We review the fifth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- We review the fourth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year