It’s that time of the year again: time to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #5! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was 136,462,689,389.
Picking the winners
We received 60 entries, 48 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Issue 05 crossnumber competition is Mario García Pascual, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Sean Y., Colin Beveridge and Elena Petrunina.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in Issue 06 of Chalkdust, released in October.
You might also like…
- ... and the winners
- Can you solve four puzzles to reveal the hidden message?
- Try our nonograms! And remember, not all puzzles have a unique solution...
- Solve this and you could be the lucky winner of a signed copy of The Indisputable Existence of Santa Claus
- We round up some of the last month's top mathematical posts from around the internet
- Solve this and you could be the lucky winner of a Chalkdust T-shirt