It’s that time of the year again: time to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #5! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was 136,462,689,389.
Picking the winners
We received 60 entries, 48 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Issue 05 crossnumber competition is Mario García Pascual, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Sean Y., Colin Beveridge and Elena Petrunina.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in Issue 06 of Chalkdust, released in October.
You might also like…
- Chalkdust descends upon the UK's largest pop maths gathering and tells you what you missed
- We feel underdressed for Breakfast at Villani's
- Write down a quadratic. What is the probability that it factorises? Paging Prof. Dirichet...
- We have a go at the puzzles in Daniel Griller's new book
- Read more about the fire-breathing curves that appear on the cover of issue 05
- How many did you spot?