After taking a month off in December, it’s time for episode two of Talkdust!
- Belgin and Emily talk about going to two very different conferences.
- Belgin and Emily talk to Jason Lotay, who is now Professor of Pure Maths at the University of Oxford but was a Professor at UCL at the time of recording.
- Belgin and Emily discuss a fact about angles in 3D shapes.
- Belgin and Emily play a game of No more integers.
Note: In the No more integers segment, Emily is clearly using $k$ to denote one of the unit octonions, and not a unit quaternion as it may be more traditional/sensible to do.
More from Chalkdust
- Computational proofs, AI music and embarrassing surveys feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Can you solve it?
- Letter writing, hospital visits, and getting the family active are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- How do you like your numbers? Prime? Positive but infinitely small? Find out which famous mathematician you are
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- The definitive chart of the best issues of Chalkdust