After taking a month off in December, it’s time for episode two of Talkdust!
- Belgin and Emily talk about going to two very different conferences.
- Belgin and Emily talk to Jason Lotay, who is now Professor of Pure Maths at the University of Oxford but was a Professor at UCL at the time of recording.
- Belgin and Emily discuss a fact about angles in 3D shapes.
- Belgin and Emily play a game of No more integers.
Note: In the No more integers segment, Emily is clearly using $k$ to denote one of the unit octonions, and not a unit quaternion as it may be more traditional/sensible to do.
You might also like…
- Looking back at puzzles about complex numbers, tic-tac-toe, and the Eggnog Mystery
- Win this year's best book of geometry puzzles
- Win a DVD boxset from Festival of the spoken nerd in our first Christmas competition!
- A podcast for the mathematically curious
- Surprise yourself by making this thing
- Swing on a magnetic pendulum into our latest issue. Topological tic-tac-toe, maths, cake, categories, plus all your favourite regulars.