After taking a month off in December, it’s time for episode two of Talkdust!
- Belgin and Emily talk about going to two very different conferences.
- Belgin and Emily talk to Jason Lotay, who is now Professor of Pure Maths at the University of Oxford but was a Professor at UCL at the time of recording.
- Belgin and Emily discuss a fact about angles in 3D shapes.
- Belgin and Emily play a game of No more integers.
Note: In the No more integers segment, Emily is clearly using $k$ to denote one of the unit octonions, and not a unit quaternion as it may be more traditional/sensible to do.
More from Chalkdust
- Humbug sets the fourth puzzle. Can you solve it?
- Space-filling curves, cheating at cards and automated joke generation feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Celebrate the launch of issue 11 by taking part in our puzzle hunt
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- Are you a torus? A cone? Ed Spheran? Find out by answering a maximum of five easy questions
- Grant applications, musical media and last-minute Olympics training are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue