Issue 03 was released in March 2016. Enjoy the articles online or scroll down to view the magazine as a PDF.
- Solving differential equations instantaneously, using some electrical components and an oscilloscope
- More than spirals and rabbits, Fibonacci gave us something much more fundamental.
- The great contributions of the man who started popular mathematics
- The story behind Issue 3's cover artwork
- Counting the divisors of an integer turns out to be a rather hard problem
- Why voting systems can never be fair
- Teaching a bunch of matchboxes how to play tic-tac-toe
- How can we differentiate a function 9¾ times?
- We speak to one of Britain's most successful popularisers of maths
- Make an amazing three faced hexagon
- Vote for your favourite colour of chalk for Issue 04: is it white, yellow, or the Post Office Tower?
- Maths is a fickle world. Stay à la mode with our guide to the latest trends.
- Solve the puzzles that appeared in Issue 03.
- Ever been stuck in motorway traffic which seems to have no reason? A model for traffic flow explains why.
- Prof. Dirichlet tackles deaf colleagues and cold badgers.
- Be in for a chance to win a £100 goody bag if you can solve our fiendish crossnumber
- Find out what the future holds for you... or maybe just a box of scorpions.
- Part 2 of our mathematical comic's adventure
- Are you a FX-82 or an FX-85 fan?
You might also like…
- What have we been up to this year?
- As the festive season strikes again, we'll be dishing out more fiendish puzzles – this time with prizes!
- Cardioids in coffee cups, counting with three fingers, and breakfast at Villani's.Plus the return of all your favourite fun pages.
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Prof. Dirichlet tackles archaeology and supercomputers in answering your personal problems
- "R" you a Matlab or a Python? Fortran or Mathematica? Find out which package suits you best.