Our latest edition, Issue 08, is available now. Enjoy the articles online or scroll down to view the magazine as a PDF.
- We chat to the author of the best-selling book How to Bake Pi and pioneer of maths on YouTube
- Colin Beveridge looks at different designs for 2- and 3-dimensional tiles
- Alex Bolton plays noughts and crosses on unusual surfaces
- Read about Maxamillion Polignac's adventures in a prime-hating world
- Adam Atkinson uses maths to try to help a sculptor
- Find out more about the weird shapes on the cover of Issue 08
- Elizabeth A Williams falls off a log
- Emma Bell explains why the Renaissance mathematician Gerolamo Cardano styled himself as the "man of discoveries".
- Just what is category theory? Tai-Danae Bradley explains
- Biography of Katherine Johnson, NASA human computer and research mathematician
- A tabletop demonstration of chaos.
- Surprise yourself by making this thing
- Print it out and play against your friends!
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Are you perfect or imaginary? Are you a square?
- Village fetes, Brexit and flowers are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- The definitive chart of the best units
- Tired of hearing people ask which area of maths is your favourite? Get one of these tattooed on your forehead and you'll never be asked again...
- Vote for your favourite Chalkdust regular
- Many mysteries about hair are now revealed with the ponytail shape equation
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
More from Chalkdust
- Come along to our launch party for free pizza and the real quiz
- A podcast for the mathematically curious
- Ride a phantom parabola into our latest issue. Billiards, maths, tiles, mistakes, plus all your favourite regulars.
- Coffee, Brexit and badgers are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- Mystic mug has some predictions for you...
- The definitive chart of the best Chalkdust regulars