You will need
- 4kg butter
- 6kg flour
- $(2+\varepsilon)$kg sugar
- an oven that has been preheated to 220°C
- a rolling pin
- an oven tray
- a cooling rack
- a knife or cookie cutter
- Combine 4kg butter, 6kg flour and 2kg sugar in a large bowl with your hands.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface.
- Cut the dough into equally shaped quadrilaterals.
- Place quadrilaterals on the baking tray and bake for $0.1\dot6$ hours.
- Place quadrilaterals on the cooling rack, sprinkle with $\varepsilon$kg sugar, leave to cool, then tessellate and eat.
More from Chalkdust
- Now available to catch up on YouTube
- Independent Sage's Christina Pagel, hyperbolic mindfulness and make-your-own Markov tweet feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Books, business and barns are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- A handy tool that can make writing great tweets much easier
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.