You will need
- 4kg butter
- 6kg flour
- $(2+\varepsilon)$kg sugar
- an oven that has been preheated to 220°C
- a rolling pin
- an oven tray
- a cooling rack
- a knife or cookie cutter
- Combine 4kg butter, 6kg flour and 2kg sugar in a large bowl with your hands.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface.
- Cut the dough into equally shaped quadrilaterals.
- Place quadrilaterals on the baking tray and bake for $0.1\dot6$ hours.
- Place quadrilaterals on the cooling rack, sprinkle with $\varepsilon$kg sugar, leave to cool, then tessellate and eat.
More from Chalkdust
- 21 simple steps to draw your own Islamic pattern!
- Computational proofs, AI music and embarrassing surveys feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Can you solve it?
- Letter writing, hospital visits, and getting the family active are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- Part 7 of our mathematical comic's adventure
- How do you like your numbers? Prime? Positive but infinitely small? Find out which famous mathematician you are