You will need
- 4kg butter
- 6kg flour
- $(2+\varepsilon)$kg sugar
- an oven that has been preheated to 220°C
- a rolling pin
- an oven tray
- a cooling rack
- a knife or cookie cutter
- Combine 4kg butter, 6kg flour and 2kg sugar in a large bowl with your hands.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface.
- Cut the dough into equally shaped quadrilaterals.
- Place quadrilaterals on the baking tray and bake for $0.1\dot6$ hours.
- Place quadrilaterals on the cooling rack, sprinkle with $\varepsilon$kg sugar, leave to cool, then tessellate and eat.
More from Chalkdust
- Did you solve it?
- Sus Mafia strategies, LMS president Ulrike Tillmann, and Bae's theorem 😍 all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Issue 13 is here! Find out how to get involved with our mathematical art launch project
- Have your say
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- Are you binary? Roman numerals? The decimals? Find out by answering a maximum of ∞ easy questions