More from Chalkdust
- We review the second of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- Angela Brett might not be standing on their shoulders
- Pigs, popes and produce are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- Write down a quadratic. What is the probability that it factorises? Paging Prof. Dirichet...
- James Grime gets intimate with 'the most beautiful woman in the world' from the golden age of Hollywood
- How can we identify objects in photos, to diagnose cancer or predict the weather? Using gradients!