Ernst Zermelo. Public Domain
More from Chalkdust
- Why do Christmas lights get tangled? And what's the perfect way to decorate a Christmas tree? Find the answers here.
- Many mysteries about hair are now revealed with the ponytail shape equation
- We analyse the maths and physics required to execute a good chip shot
- Discover the mathematical equations that describe the most commonly observed trajectories in football
- Christmas is coming, and Santa will soon begin his journey. We analyse the science and maths behind his trip.
- While drinking beer in your favourite pub, have you ever wondered how it is produced? Find here some of the science and mathematics behind brewing.