The day is finally here: issue 11 is out now! To help you celebrate launch day in style, we’ve set a puzzle hunt: throughout the day, we are posting a series of puzzles. The answers to these puzzles form clues to the four-digit code for the door to let you into the Chalkdust issue 11 secret backstage lounge.
Be sure to come back at 5pm when the fifth puzzle will be posted.
Although many of the clues have multiple answers, there is only one solution to the completed crossnumber. As usual, no numbers begin with 0.
The number of copies of the digit 1 in the completed crossnumber is one more than a digit of the code.
- 1 The sum of this number’s digits is 12. (5)
- 5 The middle digit of this number is equal to the first digit of 4D. (3)
- 6 The product of the digits of 5A. (2)
- 7 The sum of this number’s digits is 7. (2)
- 8 1A reversed. (5)
- 1 The sum of this number’s digits is 14. (5)
- 2 This number is equal to 2 multiplied by the sum of its digits. (2)
- 3 This number is equal to 3 multiplied by the sum of its digits. (2)
- 4 1D reversed. (5)
- 7 The product of this number’s digits is 7. (2)
More from Chalkdust
- Did you solve it?
- Sus Mafia strategies, LMS president Ulrike Tillmann, and Bae's theorem 😍 all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Issue 13 is here! Find out how to get involved with our mathematical art launch project
- Have your say
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- Are you binary? Roman numerals? The decimals? Find out by answering a maximum of ∞ easy questions