Once again, we are delighted to be able to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #4! But before we do so, here is the solution:
The sum of the across clues was $1 435 302 478$.
Picking the Winners
We received 75 entries, 52 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Magazine issue 04 crossnumber competition is Leif Cooper, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Dan DiMillo, Brendan W. Sullivan and Zack Wolske.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in issue 05 of Chalkdust, released in March.
You might also like…
- Write down a quadratic. What is the probability that it factorises? Paging Prof. Dirichet...
- We have a go at the puzzles in Daniel Griller's new book
- Read more about the fire-breathing curves that appear on the cover of issue 05
- How many did you spot?
- Why the infamous acronym needs revising.
- Behind today's door... a puzzle!