It’s that time of the year again: time to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #6! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution:
I hope you enjoyed the inverted rotational symmetry as much as I enjoyed designing the grid! The sum of the across clues was 6,323,098.
Picking the winners
We received 76 entries, 63 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Issue 06 crossnumber competition is Jessica Rose Marsh, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Patrick Newberry, Amy Rogers and Rata Ingram.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in Issue 07 of Chalkdust, released in March…
You might also like…
- Learn how to model your heart one beat at a time ❤️
- Belgin plays a classic mathsy game from her childhood...in 16-bit graphics! Here's her review...
- You can un-knot a knot, by cutting it not?
- Why do surnames die out? We take a look at the Galton-Watson process for modelling the extinction of surnames to answer the question: 'When will we all be Smiths?'
- A fiendish puzzle for you to 'pour' over...
- Some summations seem strangely slippery...