It’s that time of the year again: time to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #6! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution:
I hope you enjoyed the inverted rotational symmetry as much as I enjoyed designing the grid! The sum of the across clues was 6,323,098.
Picking the winners
We received 76 entries, 63 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Issue 06 crossnumber competition is Jessica Rose Marsh, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Patrick Newberry, Amy Rogers and Rata Ingram.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in Issue 07 of Chalkdust, released in March…
You might also like…
- Have you been wondering what the pattern on it means?
- "Unlocking the hidden mathematics in video games"
- ... and the winners
- Can you solve four puzzles to reveal the hidden message?
- Try our nonograms! And remember, not all puzzles have a unique solution...
- Solve this and you could be the lucky winner of a signed copy of The Indisputable Existence of Santa Claus