It’s that time of the year again: time to announce the winners of the Chalkdust prize crossnumber #6! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution:
I hope you enjoyed the inverted rotational symmetry as much as I enjoyed designing the grid! The sum of the across clues was 6,323,098.
Picking the winners
We received 76 entries, 63 of which were correct.
So without further ado, the winner of the Chalkdust Issue 06 crossnumber competition is Jessica Rose Marsh, who wins a £100 goody bag from Maths Gear. The runners-up, and winners of Chalkdust T-shirts, are Patrick Newberry, Amy Rogers and Rata Ingram.
Thank you to everyone who entered the crossnumber competition! The competition will return in Issue 07 of Chalkdust, released in March…
More from Chalkdust
- Squid Game, hidden harmonies and DnD coming your way in our brand new issue! Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Ellen talks to the mathematician and scientist about Attenborough, arctan and Antarctica
- Win a £100 Maths Gear goody bag by solving our infamous puzzle
- E Adrian Henle, Nick Gantzler, François-Xavier Coudert & Cory Simon team up for a deadly challenge
- Weddings, holidays and catfish find their way into the prof's postbox this issue.
- Goran Newsum always should be someone you really love