Maths is a fickle world. Stay à la mode with our guide to the latest trends.
HOT The 10-issue challenge
We challenge you to write an article for issue 10 of Chalkdust.
NOT The 10-year challenge
What’s so special about base 10 anyway?
HOT Conferences in exotic places
A two-week conference on the isle of Saint Marie? Yes please!
NOT Conferences in Milton Keynes
How about a week in MK? Not in the slightest, Florence.
NOT A new largest prime number
As Brenda from Bristol brilliantly put it: “You’re joking—not another one!”
HOT A new largest compound number
You could fill a warehouse with people looking for a new largest composite number and call it a factory.
HOT Puzzles on Twitter
NOT Puzzles on Facebook
No one cares that only a genius can do BIDMAS.
HOT Top ten
NOT What’s hot and what’s not
- Agree? Disagree? Let us know on Twitter @chalkdustmag, at facebook.com/chalkdustmag or at email@example.com
More from Chalkdust
- Humbug sets the fourth puzzle. Can you solve it?
- Space-filling curves, cheating at cards and automated joke generation feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Celebrate the launch of issue 11 by taking part in our puzzle hunt
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- Are you a torus? A cone? Ed Spheran? Find out by answering a maximum of five easy questions
- Grant applications, musical media and last-minute Olympics training are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue