Maths is a fickle world. Stay à la mode with our guide to the latest trends.
HOT The 10-issue challenge
We challenge you to write an article for issue 10 of Chalkdust.
NOT The 10-year challenge
What’s so special about base 10 anyway?
HOT Conferences in exotic places
A two-week conference on the isle of Saint Marie? Yes please!
NOT Conferences in Milton Keynes
How about a week in MK? Not in the slightest, Florence.
NOT A new largest prime number
As Brenda from Bristol brilliantly put it: “You’re joking—not another one!”
HOT A new largest compound number
You could fill a warehouse with people looking for a new largest composite number and call it a factory.
HOT Puzzles on Twitter
NOT Puzzles on Facebook
No one cares that only a genius can do BIDMAS.
HOT Top ten
NOT What’s hot and what’s not
- Agree? Disagree? Let us know on Twitter @chalkdustmag, at facebook.com/chalkdustmag or at firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like…
- Play the variation on Conway's Game of Life!
- A podcast for the mathematically curious
- Ride a phantom parabola into our latest issue. Billiards, maths, tiles, mistakes, plus all your favourite regulars.
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Coffee, Brexit and badgers are among the topics of discussion in this issue's Dear Dirichlet advice column
- Mystic mug has some predictions for you...