Hello everyone! As the 13th Chalkdust prize crossnumber has just been released, it’s time to announce the winners of the issue 12 crossnumber competition! Before we reveal the winners, here is the solution of the crossnumber.
The sum of the across clues was 19404.
There were 63 entries, 52 of which were correct. The randomly selected winners are:
- Robert Kerry, who wins a £100 Maths Gear goody bag,
- Nick Keith, who wins a Chalkdust T-shirt,
- Sarah Gross, who wins a Chalkdust T-shirt,
- Pamela Docherty, who wins a Chalkdust T-shirt.
Well done to Robert, Nick, Sarah, and Pamela, and thanks to everyone else who attempted the crossnumber. Hope you enjoy issue 13’s puzzle…
More from Chalkdust
- Sus Mafia strategies, LMS president Ulrike Tillmann, and Bae's theorem 😍 all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Issue 13 is here! Find out how to get involved with our mathematical art launch project
- Have your say
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- Are you binary? Roman numerals? The decimals? Find out by answering a maximum of ∞ easy questions
- Parishoners, partners and puzzled playwrights have written in to the professor's postbox this issue