This game corresponds to the article Flo-maps fractograms: the prequel. Have a go!
Here, you provide a numerator and denominator to receive a beautifully graphed pattern depending on the resultant decimal.
You must also designate the number of decimal places you wish to show: please do not use a number greater than 500.
Similarly, please try to keep the number of decimals a multiple of 100 for numbers larger than 100, and a multiple of 10 otherwise. This is not mandatory, however may result in visual bugs if not followed.
The recommended numbers of decimal places are: 10, 50, 100, 200, 500.
Please keep the denominator larger than the numerator, as the program will only illustrate decimal place patterns.
Once you have chosen your numerator, denominator, and number of decimal places, just press “Go”.
The “Superimpose” option will allow you to superimpose different patterns on top of each other. Please only use it after you have already shown one pattern.
Have a go
More from Chalkdust
- We announce the winner of this coveted prize
- Have your say, and help to choose the 2020 Readers' Choice
- We review the seventh of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year, and open the vote for the readers' favourite
- We review the sixth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- We review the fifth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- We review the fourth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year