Have you read through all of Issue 12 and feel lost without Chalkdust in your life? Then you are in luck because to celebrate Issue 12 in all its majesty, we hosted a virtual launch event YouTube livestream!
This featured not 1, not 2, not 4, not π, but 3 interactive workshops by the team behind Issue 12.
We figure out whether poetry is really just random nonsense or not, by creating Markov chain poetry and seeing how it measures up (check out this article for more on Markov chains, and this poem for inspiration).
We make our very own stunning mathematical drawings to colour in, using only a ruler and compass (like the ones on issue 12’s cover)—just the soothing activity you will need to take your mind off the fact that it’s another six months until Issue 13.
And last but certainly not least, we play some Countdown (numbers round, of course), presented by Nick Hewer and Rachel Riley (as soon as they return our calls).
Watch it again at youtu.be/egB0WJe-wPs. The launch event was live on Saturday 14 November, 2:00-3.30pm GMT.
More from Chalkdust
- Penguins, prison and PDE patterns coming your way in our new issue! Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Canines, Cliff Richard and conditioning find their way into the prof's postbox this issue.
- Can you solve it?
- Just answer these EIGHT simple questions!
- The best and worst from this year's Met Gala
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.