Have you read through all of Issue 12 and feel lost without Chalkdust in your life? Then you are in luck because to celebrate Issue 12 in all its majesty, we hosted a virtual launch event YouTube livestream!
This featured not 1, not 2, not 4, not π, but 3 interactive workshops by the team behind Issue 12.
We figure out whether poetry is really just random nonsense or not, by creating Markov chain poetry and seeing how it measures up (check out this article for more on Markov chains, and this poem for inspiration).
We make our very own stunning mathematical drawings to colour in, using only a ruler and compass (like the ones on issue 12’s cover)—just the soothing activity you will need to take your mind off the fact that it’s another six months until Issue 13.
And last but certainly not least, we play some Countdown (numbers round, of course), presented by Nick Hewer and Rachel Riley (as soon as they return our calls).
Watch it again at youtu.be/egB0WJe-wPs. The launch event was live on Saturday 14 November, 2:00-3.30pm GMT.
More from Chalkdust
- We announce the winner of this coveted prize
- Have your say, and help to choose the 2020 Readers' Choice
- We review the seventh of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year, and open the vote for the readers' favourite
- We review the sixth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- We review the fifth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year
- We review the fourth of this year's nominees for the Book of the Year