Maths is a fickle world. Stay à la mode with our guide to the latest trends.
HOT Naming your software
Check out my new software: the Automated Chebyshev Real Orthogonal Novel Y-axis Maker.
NOT Writing software
Programming takes ages.
HOT Friendly numbers
6 and 28 are friendly, as the sums of their factors divided by the numbers are both 2.
NOT Seeing your friends
Especially not in groups of more than 6.
HOT Video calls
They’re so exhausting.
It’s definitely a good use of a whole day to add a fifth camera to your custom setup.
HOT Excel 97
Famously only has 65,536 rows.
Famously no one ever needs to store more than 65,536 data entries.
HOT Taylor Swift
Singer with hits including Blank Space, Shake It Off and Cardigan.
NOT Maclaurin Swift
Singer with hits including Bl0nk Sp0ce, Sh0ke It Off and C0rdig0n.
- Agree? Disagree? Let us know on Twitter @chalkdustmag, at facebook.com/chalkdustmag or at email@example.com
More from Chalkdust
- Did you solve it?
- Sus Mafia strategies, LMS president Ulrike Tillmann, and Bae's theorem 😍 all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Issue 13 is here! Find out how to get involved with our mathematical art launch project
- Have your say
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- Are you binary? Roman numerals? The decimals? Find out by answering a maximum of ∞ easy questions