Issue 06 was released on 19 October 2017. Enjoy the articles online or scroll down to view the magazine as a PDF.
- We feel underdressed for Breakfast at Villani's
- Staring at your coffee, you wonder whether the light reflecting in cup really is a cardioid curve...
- Robert J Low flips one upside down.
- We take a proper look at her mathematical accomplishments
- A biography of Sophie Bryant
- Murder, maths, malaria and mammals
- Blaise Pascal was driven to begin the mechanisation of mathematics by his father's struggles with an accounts book in 17th century France.
- Euclidean Egg III makes the cover of issue 06!
- Contemplate the beauty of the Julia and Mandelbrot sets and an elegant mathematical explanation of them
- 20 questions, the axiom of choice and colouring sequences.
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Prof. Dirichlet tackles archaeology and supercomputers in answering your personal problems
- Part 5 of our mathematical comic's adventure
- "R" you a Matlab or a Python? Fortran or Mathematica? Find out which package suits you best.
- The definitive chart of the best tools
- Mathematical fashion advice for an ever-changing world
- Vote for your favourite mathematical celebration day
- Modelling a Saturday afternoon on Oxford Street
- A great way to waste a lot of paper
More from Chalkdust
- Did you solve it?
- Sus Mafia strategies, LMS president Ulrike Tillmann, and Bae's theorem 😍 all feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Issue 13 is here! Find out how to get involved with our mathematical art launch project
- Have your say
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.
- Are you binary? Roman numerals? The decimals? Find out by answering a maximum of ∞ easy questions