A few weeks ago, we announced the 8 book shortlist for the 2022 Chalkdust Book of the Year. We award two prizes: the Chalkdust Book of the Year (as chosen by our editors), and the Chalkdust Readers’ Choice (as voted for by our readers).
Chalkdust Book of the Year 2022
We found picking a winner of this award even more difficult than usual, and ended up concluding that we would just have to declare two joint winners. These are:
The Irrational Diary of Clara Valentine
Math Games with Bad Drawings
Chalkdust Readers’ Choice 2022
As well as picking our favourite from the shortlist, we held a vote for our readers to pick their favourite. The runaway winner of this poll was:
An Introduction to the Math of Voting Methods
Brendan W Sullivan
This book (Amazon UK) is a book that that introduces readers to a variety of voting and ranking methods and encourages them to think critically about how to select the winner of an election, and why the winner may well change if the voting method changes even if the individual voters do not change their mind.
You can read our full review of An Introduction to the Math of Voting Methods here.
More from Chalkdust
- Penguins, prison and PDE patterns feature in our Spring 2023 issue. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Canines, Cliff Richard and conditioning find their way into the prof's postbox this issue.
- Can you solve it?
- Just answer these EIGHT simple questions!
- The best and worst from this year's Met Gala
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.