Maths is a fickle world. Stay à la mode with our guide to the latest trends.
HOT The new Chalkdust T-shirt
Available on this very website!
NOT The old Chalkdust T-shirt
Available in charity shops throughout the midlands.
Its popularity is irreducible.
Past its prime.
HOT Mathematical poems
To see why these are
hot, see Chalkdust issue
seven, or click here.
NOT Mathematical fan-fiction
No-one wants to know which Fields medallists you’re shipping.
HOT 13 March
An excellent maths-themed occasion, and a great day to launch a maths magazine.
NOT 14 March
The least mathematical day of the year.
HOT Papers with multiple pictures
You might actually have a chance to understand one of these.
NOT Papers with multiple columns
way to make
to read by
NOT Higher order terms
NOT Negative order terms
- Agree? Disagree? Let us know on Twitter @chalkdustmag, at facebook.com/chalkdustmag or at firstname.lastname@example.org
More from Chalkdust
- Humbug sets the fourth puzzle. Can you solve it?
- Space-filling curves, cheating at cards and automated joke generation feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Celebrate the launch of issue 11 by taking part in our puzzle hunt
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- Are you a torus? A cone? Ed Spheran? Find out by answering a maximum of five easy questions
- Grant applications, musical media and last-minute Olympics training are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue