Issue 02 was released in October 2015. Enjoy the articles online or scroll down to view the magazine as a PDF.
- Exploring the legacy of John Nash (1928 – 2015)
- The maths behind Issue 02's cover
- Chatting with a Fields Medallist in a Leicester Square pub
- Robert Smith? tells us how his favourite matrix saves lives
- Why does warm water freeze faster than cold water?
- What happens if you play the prisoners' dilemma against yourself?
- David Colquhoun explains why more discoveries are false than you thought
- The story of how we got the equals sign
- Hugh Duncan explores the hidden patterns of fractions
- Moonlighting agony uncle Professor Dirichlet answers your personal problems.
- It's time to reveal the Top Ten Symbols in Algebra!
- We tell you what's popular in the world of maths, so you can get ahead of the curve!
- Continue the journey of the Inverse Homotopy...
- Meet the Duckworth-Lewis method, 23, from Lancashire
- Win £100 in our famous original crossnumber
- These puzzles appeared in Issue 02 of the magazine.
More from Chalkdust
- Now available to catch up on YouTube
- Independent Sage's Christina Pagel, hyperbolic mindfulness and make-your-own Markov tweet feature in our latest edition. Plus all your favourite puzzles & columns.
- Books, business and barns are the topics readers have sent in to the professor's postbox this issue
- £100 of MathsGear goodies to be won if you can solve it
- A handy tool that can make writing great tweets much easier
- Fashion is fleeting, Chalkdust regulars are not.