Issue 02 was released in October 2015. Enjoy the articles online or scroll down to view the magazine as a PDF.
- Exploring the legacy of John Nash (1928 – 2015)
- The maths behind Issue 02's cover
- Chatting with a Fields Medallist in a Leicester Square pub
- Robert Smith? tells us how his favourite matrix saves lives
- Why does warm water freeze faster than cold water?
- What happens if you play the prisoners' dilemma against yourself?
- David Colquhoun explains why more discoveries are false than you thought
- The story of how we got the equals sign
- Hugh Duncan explores the hidden patterns of fractions
- Moonlighting agony uncle Professor Dirichlet answers your personal problems.
- It's time to reveal the Top Ten Symbols in Algebra!
- We tell you what's popular in the world of maths, so you can get ahead of the curve!
- Continue the journey of the Inverse Homotopy...
- Meet the Duckworth-Lewis method, 23, from Lancashire
- Win £100 in our famous original crossnumber
- These puzzles appeared in Issue 02 of the magazine.
You might also like…
- Have a go at these puzzles, adequate for your holidays!
- Read about our least favourite numbers in this collection from issue 5!
- New issue out now! Graphical linear algebra, slide rules and game theory in nature. Plus all your favourite fun pages.
- Win £100 of Maths Gear goodies by solving our famously fiendish crossnumber
- Mathematical fashion advice for an ever-changing world
- Prof. Dirichlet tackles political arguments and werewolves in answering your personal problems